Sunday, April 8, 2007
Because I needed to read it, I needed it written down.
Today has been a day I will never forget. I went upstairs to watch television, and I heard voices I didn't recognize outside, so I opened my door and sat in the dark for a minute trying to figure out who it was, and as soon as I saw someone go through her front door I knew something was wrong because in all my years I have never seen anyone use her damned front door. I went downstairs to wake up my mother and right after that we got the phone call and I ran over. I know that if a better place does exist that she is there. My aunt survived all but a few of her family members, some have long since scattered to the wind in one way or another, but she has left people who truly love who she is. I swear to god I never want to have to see what I have seen today ever again. I am happy that I was able to say a final goodbye before the people handling the burial took her away from us. but I miss her so much. I was her little China doll. That was her nickname for me, I've had it ever since I could ever remember. Her Jo-Jo. I had to go to walmart to pick up a few things for easter supper, and I found a card I thought was appropriate and left it on her doorstep. I planted some lavender to leave at her gravesite. This morning was all we could ever ask for her. Well it's an end of an era, there will never ever be another shirley may. I love you, and I will miss you the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment