Saturday, December 22, 2007

I miss

I feel like opening every blog that I write with a cliche. I don't know what is worse though, writing or actually believing that my situation is just one big cliche. I wish that I wasn't so self centered. I look for a shoulder to lean on more times than I can count, and I give as much as I am able to, but still it doesn't even out. I feel like taking a break from the people I know. They aren't really even friends now, just people I know. This is funny because I was listening to this song by Fiona apple the other day and the lyric was something to the effect of saying that after time all we have to do is wave across the room. What happens to me in my life is no one elses concern but my own. And it seems that except for a very few percentage of my "friends" that I've known for a while, the same theory is applied to me also. Why is it okay to ask someone to help you through a rough time, but when that person is at a similar point to turn away and ignore them? Rhetorically speaking of course, believe me I am aware of the male attitude towards emotions, if it was really important they still wouldn't know it from a brick wall. No offense Steve, this very wide statement is applied to a very small range of people.

I don't know what is even wrong anymore, I just feel very tired all the time and I have forgotten the reason. I'm looking for a friend that isn't there anymore. Even when I try to stay in contact it is useless, and I don't know what makes me keep trying. God bless the fairweather friends for there is no other kind.

1 comment:

Immel said...

You'd have a hard time offending me.
So far, you haven't come close.

Trust and friendship take a long time. A long time. The good ones will come back to you. Eventually, something weird happens. You see why they are friends but it's not perfect.

I mean you have the ups the downs and the inbetweens. At times, you despise your friends because let's face it, you know all their faults.

It's so easy to call a stranger a friend because they are fantasies. I think the idea is to just wait it out.

It's better to have one good friend than to be burdened with a bunch of friends that are always asking for help. Or else just move into a commune with your friends and let the party begin and let it all sort itself out.

Being without any friends is like being celibate. It could be worth the wait. Good Luck